Development Initiative to Promote Transforming Young Women (DIPTYWO)’
- Youth of the country are highly idealistic and potent change agents and they constitute one third of the country’s total population. A significant number of them, however, are caught in a vicious circle of poverty, illiteracy and unemployment. As a result, many of the, youth population are out mainstream national development. In this background, a project titled ‘Development Initiative to Promote Transforming Young Women (DIPTWO)’ is designed to implement through small grass root level organizations and these organizations are involved with capacity development program of MJF.
Career Development Program for Marginalized Women:
- MJF is engaged to improve the livelihood status of marginalized people, in implementing various developmental projects all over the country through partner organizations. It is observed that MJF supported organizations employ very less woman staff at senior management level (i.e. project Coordinator, Program manager) due to shortage of qualified, professional and experienced women candidates especially among the marginalized women. Under these circumstances, MJF has taken initiative to develop capacity of marginalized women. The main objective of this initiative is to develop professional groups of marginalized women who will be visible at career field of development work. Eligibility criteria for candidate selection are:
- √ Women from marginalized community (i.e. Indigenous, disability, Dalit etc.).
- √ Minimum educational qualification is graduate from any discipline
- √ Demonstrated spirit of volunteerism and high level of commitment for working in development sector.
Capacity Development Program for Small Partners
- Capacity Development Unit of MJF takes initiatives for capacity development of local small organizations by improving their management ability and program implementation capacities. These organizations are selected from the list of unsuccessful applicants who apply to MJF for fund but cannot attain required score due to less capacity. There are certain criteria of selection which includes, organization formed by women and marginalized people, has less than five years’ experience etc.
- The selected organizations receive training/ orientation from MJF according to their need and a small funding for one year to implement project so that they can use the learning in practical field.