MOU signing between MJF and Department of Social Service
MJF is providing legal Aid, health including psychosocial counseling, skilled training and social reintegration support at safe home from 2008-2014. Upon successful completion Social Welfare Ministry allowed MJF to implement the program at eight safe homes from 2014-2016. In pursuance of this Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between MJF and Department of Social Service on Ensuring effective, quality and sustainable services of existing safe home on 31, August, 2014 to implement the program for next two years. Director General of Department of Social Services and Executive Director of MJF signed the MOU on behalf of respective organizations. Safe home is an interim accommodation for women victim and witness.
There are many achievement of safe home program:
• Legal aid support has been provided to 412 inmates
• 409 inmates have been reintegrated socially
• Equipment’s like woven, sewing machine has been provided to relevant inmates during reintegration. It helps a lot for social reintegration. Sewing machine has been provided to 20 inmates. There is also a follow up mechanism after reintegration.
• Handover of Nepali inmates is under process: Due to constant effort home address of Nepali inmates( Barisal SH) has been identified for reintegration
• Winter clothes and quilt has been distributed among safe home inmates.
• Safe delivery has been ensured for 25 inmates
• GO & NGO partnership and collaboration strengthened
• Number of inmates have been able to attend at public examination
• MJF has developed a soft ware so that data base of inmates may be developed, MJF and Department of Social Services may oversee the performance and services of eight safe homes through software. (More...) br>